Mobile Number Portability or ‘MNP’empowers you to seamlessly move your current phone number from any GSM mobile operator onto the Airtel Network.
With MNP, you can painlessly make the change to start enjoying Airtel’s world of first class mobile telephony offerings, value rates and best in class customer service without going through the stress of getting a new phone number. Oh… and guess what? The service is completely FREE and your line doesn’t stops working all through the process!
Porting into the Airtel Network is easy. Just follow the steps below:
- Fill out an MNP Request Form port-in form. Please click here to download a form.
- Attach 1 passport photograph OR valid form of identification with the form.
- Text “PORT” to 3232
- Visit an Airtel Shop to collect an Airtel SIM and submit your completed form. Please click here a to find a shop close to you.
- An SMS will be sent to you acknowledging receipt of notification.
- Another SMS will be sent notifying you that your port is successful.
- Insert your new Airtel SIM into your phone
- Welcome to Airtel!
When you port into Airtel:
- You get the best of rates for voice and data services.
- You begin to leverage Airtel’s wide range of innovative and unparalleled products and services.
- You have the benefit of being served by a top global brand with best-in-class network quality, amazing data speeds and a differentiated customer service experience.
- Because of Airtel’s global reach, you enjoy unmatched benefits when you use your line in 20 countries and counting.
- You join the 3rd largest mobile network operator in the world.
- You immediately become a part of a global family of over 300 million subscribers
Recent Airtel Nigeria Awards
- Most Innovative Telecom Company of the Year – Nigerian Telecoms Awards (2012).
- Telecom Brand of the Year – Nigerian Telecoms Awards (2012).
- Customer Friendly Operator of the Year – Nigerian Telecoms Awards (2012 & 2014).
- Africa’s Telecommunications Company of the Year – 6th African Business Leadership Forum and Awards (2015).