“Me 2 U” is airtime transfer service that is designed to enable subscribers share airtime (credit) on their Airtel lines with their friends and families, also on Airtel lines as frequently as they desire to do so, irrespective of location and time.
24-hour availability: airtime can be sent anytime of the night or day.
You can top up on behalf of family members or friends.
How to transfer Airtime
- Enter 2u [space]
[space]E.g, to transfer N50 worth of airtime to subscriber 08021234567, the text sent will read: 2u 08021234567 50 1234 (where PIN is 1234). [space]
- You will then receive an SMS confirmation from 432 that reads: “You have just sent N50 to 08021234567”.
- The person receiving the transfer will also receive an SMS confirmation from 432 that will read: “You have just received N50 from 08020000000".
To top up another Airtel user’s phone
- Send an SMS to 432 using the following: 2u [space]
- For example, to send N50 to another Airtel user with the phone number 08021234567, the SMS will look like this: 2u 08021234567 50 1234 . Then you simply send to 432.
To change password
- Send a text message in the following format to 432: PIN[space]
[space]E.g, to change password, the text sent will read - “PIN 1234 4321” . You will then receive an SMS confirmation from 432 that reads: - “Your new password is 4321”
- Airtime cannot be transferred from Airtel subscribers to subscribers on other networks. Airtime transfer is On-Net only.
- Airtime transfers cannot exceed the amount of credit available on the transferring subscriber’s account.
- Transaction limits per subscriber per day will be limited to 5 transactions (not exceeding the capon the total transaction value per day).
- Each (MSIDN) of service is entitled to N5000/Transaction/Day.
- There will be no limit on the value that a subscriber can transfer per transaction (though not exceeding the cap on total transaction value per day).
- There will be no limit on the value that a subscriber can receive from multiple sources as long as each source does not exceed the cap amount defined.
- The SMS short code is 432.
- Subscribers will be charged N10.00 for each successful transfer.
- Each Subscriber is expected to change his default password (1234) to a specific desired password before using the service. The password is a four digit number.
- Subscribers will NOT be charged for PIN changes and enquiry SMS, as well as failed Me2U transactions.
- Within 10 to 15 seconds, the sender and receiver of the transferred airtime would have received SMS confirmation to signify the end of the transaction.
- All transactions are irreversible. Airtime once sent cannot be retrieved by the sender.
- The amount of airtime transferred is deducted from the sender’s account only after the transaction has been successful.
SMS charge of N10 per transaction applies